- This event has passed.
Spring Break Fun
March 19, 2018 @ 11:00 am - March 29, 2018 @ 4:30 pmFree
We’re throwing open the gates for 11 fun days!
March 19-29, daily, 11am-4:30pm
Free Gate Admission
Stroll the streets of our village. Visit businesses and homes, take in demonstrations, chat with costumed towns-folk. Special activities have been planned for each day. Browse the Carousel Gift Shop and enjoy a treat or lunch at the Ice Cream Parlour.
There are two add-ons options to enhance your visit:
– Try the Adventure Guide for only $6 (includes taxes). It will lead Adventurers through hands-on activities, crafts, and puzzles. There is matching, exploring, and creating activities around the Village. The Guide includes one carousel ride. Recommended for ages 8+ (or 5+ with an adults help).
– For even more fun, get the brand new Village Adventure Pack. For $19.50 (includes taxes) you get all the goodies in the Adventure Guide, plus two rides on the carousel (because one is never enough), a large ice cream cone from the Ice Cream Parlour, a canvas adventure bag, carousel magnet, and reusable Burnaby Village Museum water bottle. It’s a great keepsake of your visit to the Village.
Experience Heritage Everyday
- learn about lead type at the printshop
- play hop-scotch outside the Schoolhouse
- watch a silent black & white movie
- chat with the clerk at the General Store
- ride the carousel
- explore the restored Interurban tram
- listen for the steam whistle
- talk to the teacher in the one-room schoolhouse
- ride the vintage carousel
- Tinsmithing Demos Watch the crimping, cutting and curling at the Sheet Metal Works. March 19 & 26, all day
- Steam Demos Learn about the power of steam. March 20, 22, 24, 27, 29 all day
- School Days Be a student in the one-room Schoolhouse. March 19, 25, 26, 12noon & 3pm
- Coffee Break Listen and smell coffee grinding in the General Store. Ongoing
- Ruby’s Lunch In the Schoolhouse, discover the contents of a child’s lunch pail. Ongoing
- Barbershop Step in for a close shave at the Barbershop. March 23, 25, all day
- Butterchurning Take a turn making butter at Elworth House. March 21 & 28, all day
- Staying Stylish Find out about the latest fashion trends at Bell’s Dry Goods. March 21 & 28, all day