- This event has passed.
4th Annual Lymphedema Awareness Day Symposium
March 12, 2016 @ 8:45 am - 5:00 pm
The Lymphedema Association of Manitoba (LAM) is hosting the 4th Annual Lymphedema Awareness Day Symposium at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites on Saturday, March 12, 2016. Registration will open at 8:00am and the symposium will start promptly at 8:45am and adjourn by 5:00pm.
The keynote speaker is Nicole Foster – Live an Amazing Life. A season two contestant on the Amazing Race Canada, Nicole Foster and son, Cormac, captured the hearts of fans across the country and the world. Nicole will be sharing her inspirational ‘Never Give Up’ message.
Other speakers include:
• Dr. Emily Iker – Obesity and lymphedema
• Dr. Iain Palmer – Importance of foot care
• Brad Smith, MS, CCC-SLP, CLT – Head & neck cancer and lymphedema
• Scott Erickson – Reclaiming intimacy and nurturing the connection after a life changing health crisis
• Claire Ann Deighton-Lamy, B.Sc., CMA – Professional garment fitting
• Special presentation – Living with lymphedema, a primary lymphedema focus
The speakers aim to increase awareness of lymphedema and improve communication between health care professionals and patients.